Michael Reiss became involved with Compassion as he has long considered the unwarranted suffering of farm animals to be one of the major moral wrongs of our time. Michael was invited to join the Board of Trustees because of his unfailing support of Compassion and expertise in education and ethics.
His credentials include:
- Pro-Director and Professor of Science Education at the Institute of Education, University of London.
- Chief Executive of Science Learning Centre London.
- Honorary Visiting Professor at the Universities of Birmingham, York and the Royal Veterinary College.
- Docent at the University of Helsinki.
- Director of the Salters-Nuffield Advanced Biology Project.
- Member of the Farm Animal Welfare Committee.
- Priest in the Church of England.
He was also Director of Education at the Royal Society (2006-08), a member of the GM Science Review Panel (2002-04), Specialist Advisor to the House of Lords Select Committee on Animals in Scientific Procedures (2001-02) and Chair of EuropaBio’s External Advisory Group on Ethics (2000-01). He has authored a large number of papers, books and other materials; for more information, please visit www.reiss.tc.
Michael became involved with Compassion as he has long considered the unwarranted suffering of farm animals to be one of the major moral wrongs of our time.