Job title: Global Campaign Manager
Location: Godalming, Surrey, UK or remote in Europe
Job type: One Year Fixed-Term
Salary: Up to £35,000 (depending on experience and location)
Help transform billions of lives. Including yours.
Compassion in World Farming International is the leading global organisation campaigning to bring an end to factory farming for animals, people and planet. We lead a growing worldwide movement of people concerned about how industrial agriculture mistreats animals, wastes precious resources, damages our world and utterly fails to meet the needs of the planet’s inhabitants.
With headquarters in the UK and offices throughout Europe, in the USA and China, we are an influential organisation whose supporters and partners throughout the world help us deliver on our initiatives.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Campaign Manager with an innovative, strategic approach to join our high-impact HQ team that works on global campaigns. We need you to lead, manage and coordinate aspects of certain campaigns to achieve our goals of ending factory farming.
The work will involve building the case for an end to factory farming, raising the media profile of the issue, developing and mobilising support amongst relevant stakeholders; from consumers to food companies to politicians, and lobbying politicians, officials and others as required.
The work will be taken forward through team-working with relevant departments at Compassion and coordinating the work of partner organisations.
This exciting post requires proven campaigning ability, management skills and the capacity to travel internationally, sometimes at short notice.
Key responsibilities for the Campaign Manager role include:
- Construct an imaginative and effective campaign, inspiring colleagues, members of the public and other organisations.
- Produce campaign plans and updates to share with the department.
- Input on campaign strategy, analysis and debriefs.
- Running digital campaigns using a range of tools.
- Develop effective working relationships with all members of the Campaigns Team, Fundraising Team, Food Business Team and our European offices in order to be able to plan, implement and manage this successful campaign. Liaise effectively with our Supporter Engagement Team to ensure that we provide an excellent service to our supporters.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders.
- Liaise with Trustees / Directors and third parties as required.
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have sound knowledge gained in a similar position with a proven track record of leading and implementing a successful campaign along with a good knowledge of political institutions. You should have several years of professional experience as a campaigner, ideally working in animal/environmental/food system organisations.
It is also desirable that you have a knowledge of farm animal welfare and/or food system and environmental issues around intensive farming. Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail are also key requirements for this position.
Overall, you’ll be a brilliant communicator, great project manager, a strategic thinker, a problem solver, a deep thinker, and a team player dedicated and determined to achieving impact.
- Read the full job description.
- Closing date: Sunday 7th March 2021
- Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification detailed in the Job Description.
Please note that we reserve the right to commence interviews on a rolling programme.
This position is part of an international organisation which is headquartered in Godalming, UK. Ideally, the successful candidate will be based in our Godalming headquarters once the office reopens, but we will also consider remote home working arrangements from the UK, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Brussels and Poland. Applicants must have the right to work in the location. Please note that the remuneration quoted is for a UK based employee. This may be adjusted for other European countries as appropriate and in line with our country office benchmarking.
No Agencies please.