Salary: Depending on experience - competitive
Location: Remote, Flexible within Continental U.S
Compassion in World Farming International was founded in 1967 in the UK by a British farmer who became horrified by the development of intensive factory farming. Over 50 years ago he decided to make a difference and take a stand against this farming system. In his lifetime, Peter Roberts saw the demise of veal crates and gestation crates in the UK, and in Europe achieved recognition that animals are sentient beings.
Compassion in World Farming US was started in 2012 and since then campaigns peacefully to end all factory farming practices in the US envisioning a world where farmed animals are treated with compassion and respect. Compassion in World Farming US advocates on behalf of all areas that are detrimentally impacted by factory farming, including: animals, the environment, public health, and community and workers’ justice.
The debate about food security, sustainability and safety has never been more urgent. Whilst veganism and flexitarianism are rising trends – animal welfare on factory farms worldwide is a desolate reflection on our society.
The purpose of this role is to help end factory farming. The post holder will contribute by managing and executing our US digital fundraising and individual giving activity, from donor acquisition to engagement and ongoing stewardship. This role is responsible for maximizing supporter lifetime value and increasing year-on-year net income from our individual giving program in the USA.
Digital fundraising - 50%
- Develop, implement, and improve digital fundraising campaigns to acquire, engage, cultivate, steward, and upgrade donors through all digital channels (email appeals, webpages, social media, mobile platforms, online content monetization, and other creative outlets) with a goal of maximizing long-term revenue in line with the Global Fundraising Development plan.
- Ensure excellent supporter engagement strategies are in place for acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- Manage a rigorous Facebook ad lead generation program that includes developing creatives, establishing ad campaigns optimized for donor conversion in Facebook Business Manager, and daily monitoring and maintenance.
- Write and build email, web, and other online appeals optimized for donor conversion.
- Ensure segmentation and data are handled in line with global procedures and guidelines, including data privacy compliant fundraising in the US, in line with EU-US Privacy Shield and GDPR.
- Set, test, track, and report performance across all digital fundraising channels, including new initiatives and innovative ideas for online giving.
- Work with Public Engagement team to ensure the digital fundraising journey is a positive user experience, maintains the Compassion in World Farming brand, and makes use of video storytelling.
- Work with US Public Engagement, Food Business, and Operations teams to ensure the cohesive implementation of appeals and stewardship across departments and channels.
- Manage a direct-reporting Individual Giving Coordinator and conduct regular check-ins and annual Performance and Development Reviews.
Supporter stewardship - 30%
- Oversee thanking, banking, and donor stewardship program to increase individual giving and improve donor retention, with a key focus on growing a regular giving donor base.
- Oversee re-engagement of lapsed donors and upgrading of existing donors through digital fundraising tools.
- Improve and carry out a digital fundraising calendar and procedures for members to receive regular strategic communications, giving opportunities, and effective stewardship.
Reporting and analysis - 20%
- Track and report against key performance indicators according to planned spend and income targets.
- Analyze fundraising data to continuously ensure the most efficient/highest return on investments.
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance the program by analyzing supporters and donors, conducting market research, seeking media opportunities, and other optimization strategies.
- Proactively collaborate with the GIG team on upcoming opportunities and challenges.
- Work with HQ digital team to run email and website a/b tests to optimize donor conversion rates.
Scope of job
- Responsible for growing US income from individual giving by setting annual targets in coordination with the International Director of Individual Fundraising, US Executive Director, and Head of US Public Engagement.
- Responsible for meeting annual donor recruitment, conversion, and retention targets and growing income from individual donor income streams year on year.
- Responsible for expenditure budget, to be agreed on annually between the International Director of Individual Fundraising, US Executive Director, and Head of US Public Engagement.
- Responsible for serving as point of contact between Compassion in World Farming and key fundraising or marketing suppliers.
Position in Organisation:
- Works in close liaison with the Director of Global Individual Giving (GIG) and international GIG and digital teams.
- Works in close liaison with US Public Engagement team which includes campaigns and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two years’ experience in digital fundraising.
- Strong understanding of and experience with Facebook Ads Manager.
- Experience managing one or more direct reporting staff member(s).
- Demonstrable practical experience with the principles and best practices of online fundraising and communications, and knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies.
- Knowledge of CMS and CRM tools (Salesforce preferred).
- Writing great copy for web pages with demonstrable awareness of how to meet audience needs.
- Preferred experience creating, delivering, and evaluating mass email broadcasts to supporters.
- Preferred basic HTML knowledge.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and proven budgeting and financial management skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with various audiences
- Self-motivation with ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to our mission and vision to improve farmed animal welfare and end factory farming
- Able to pioneer new ideas, adapt processes and create innovative solutions.
Compassion provides one of the strongest benefits packages in the animal protection movement, which includes:
- A comprehensive, nation-wide health insurance plan that covers individuals, spouses and families.
- 25 vacation days annually (plus 8 Federal holidays and two additional floating holidays).
- Four weeks of sick leave.
- Paid parental leave, comprised of 12 weeks paid and an additional 12 weeks unpaid.
- A 403b retirement plan with a 2% employer contribution.
- A remote work environment with flexible schedules.
- A welcoming and collaborative culture in a global organization spanning nine countries.
How to apply
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to Karem Armstrong at (see email below).
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “CIWF – Individual Giving Manager” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 7th June 2020 18.00 GMT
Response email: Click here to email the recruiter
Preferred method of response: Email
Closing date: 07/06/2020