On Monday 14th March, Compassion in World Farming took over Westminster underground station in London with a huge advertising campaign. Our aim is to hold the UK Government to the animal welfare promises it made, promises which will help give millions of farmed animals a life worth living.
Will you take action today? Email Boris Johnson and demand he doesn’t break his promises on animal welfare.
The Animal Welfare (Kept Animals) Bill, which would ban the export of animals from Britain for fattening or slaughter, has stalled. The Government's notes on the Queen's Speech confirmed they still plan to do it despite the delay last session. However, the Bill needs Parliamentary time to become law.
- Email Boris Johnson today and demand he bans live exports without further delay.
- Read about our live export work on our campaigns page.
End The Cage Age
A UK Parliament petition was signed by over 100,000 people, demanding the UK Government end the cage age for millions of farmed animals. Yet, we are still waiting on a review on cages which would be the first step towards banning them.
- Tell Boris Johnson enough is enough. Email him now and demand he Ends the Cage Age for all farmed animals.
- Read more about our fight to ban cages on our campaigns page.
From this year's Parliamentary agenda, the UK Government is not considering a ban on the sale or import of the cruel 'luxury' food Foie Gras.
- Demand that the UK Government proceeds with a ban on this cruel product. Email Boris Johnson today and tell him to keep his promise to ban it.