Farm Animals & Us 2
Farm Animals & Us 2. 26 minutes. Updated 2014. Start times of individual sections are shown below in minutes and seconds.
- Pig behaviour and welfare – intensive and alternative systems (1.26)
- Chicken behaviour and welfare (7.00)
- Intensive and alternative systems of egg production
- Intensive and alternative systems of chicken meat production, including selective breeding
- Intensive dairy production and its alternatives (12.57)
- Farm animal sentiency (18.42)
- Human food chains and efficiency (22.09)
- Personal choices (23.25)
This film was produced for students aged 14 to adult. Where time is limited, you may prefer to show the less detailed Farm Animals & Us which is aimed at ages 10-15 but has proved suitable for older students where a shorter film is required.
For a more detailed film about pigs, Animal Welfare Aspects of Good Agricultural Practice – pig production, our film for agriculture, animal science and veterinary courses at colleges and universities, can also be viewed online.
These films are available free to schools and colleges, otherwise for £5, along with pdfs of the teachers’ pack as part of our Farm Animals and Us DVD compilation which can be ordered online or using our educational resources leaflet.
Watch online or download
The Farm Animals & Us films and other education films are available on our YouTube channel.
Updated 2014! Watch wild pigs and farmed pigs, wild chickens and farmed chickens. See how pigs, chickens and dairy cows are kept in free-range vs intensive systems. How should they be kept? Covers selective breeding of cows and chickens and efficient human food chains. 25 minute film for ages 14 to adult.Download: Educational Films And Resources | Size (0.14MB)