Farm Animals & Us
Farm Animals & Us. 18 minutes. Start times of individual sections are shown below in minutes and seconds.
- Introduction and animal sentiency
- Development of intensive farming (4.56)
- Intensive chicken farming, including selective breeding (5.47)
- Intensive dairy farming, including effects of selective breeding (9.02)
- Intensive pig farming (10.02)
- Intensive egg production (12.10)
- Food chains and efficient food production (13.30)
- Alternative systems of production and personal choices (14.45)
Using the film with students of different ages
Older primary (10-11)
Use the film to engage 10-11 year old children in the rights and wrongs of intensive animal farming. Extracts from the teachers’ pack including Where Do You Draw the Line? and Personality Test Version 2 are particularly suitable.
Lower Secondary (10-15)
This film and the associated activities in the teachers pack are ideal for students aged 10-15.
Upper Secondary to adult
You may prefer to use Farm Animals & Us 2 which is aimed at ages 14 to adult and is more detailed. However, Farm Animals & Us has also proved suitable for older students where a less detailed film is required.
These films are available free to schools and colleges, otherwise for £5, along with pdfs of the teachers’ pack as part of our Farm Animals and Us DVD compilation which can be ordered online or using our educational resources leaflet.
Watch online or download
The Farm Animals & Us films and other education films are available on our YouTube channel.
Updated 2014! Watch the amazing abilities of pigs and hens. See how pigs, chickens and dairy cows are kept in intensive, free-range and organic systems. Decide how you think farm animals should live. Covers selective breeding and efficient human food chains. 18 minute film for ages 10 to adult.Download: Educational Films And Resources | Size (0.12MB)